Salt Project is Open Sourcing salt-pi-pkg
Salt Project is open sourcing salt-pi-pkg build script examples for classic packages on Raspberry Pi.
What is salt-pi-pkg?
Salt Project / VMware has ended active development of salt builds for
armhf architecture (pre-arm64/aarch64 builds of
salt), and will receive no future updates.
salt-pi-pkg is an unsupported, unmaintained repository of example scripts for building “classic” (non-Tiamat, non-onedir, pre-3006.x) packages for
armhf Raspberry Pi systems.
Scripts exist for the following OS versions:
- Raspbian 10 (armhf / 32-bit)
- Raspbian 11 (armhf / 32-bit)
Why make these scripts available?
Salt Project is open sourcing these scripts as a follow-up to Salt Project announcing the open sourcing of several Salt Project Native Minions.
These are example scripts referenced when previously building
armhf Raspbian packages for Raspberry Pi devices, and some users may still want to build packages themselves in order to have newer versions of Salt, such as Salt v3005.2.
- If using
arm64Raspbian OS (64-bit OS on Raspberry Pi 3 and newer Pi devices),
arm64LTS/STS onedir-based builds would be a better alternative:
- Debian Install Directions
- Debian 10 arm64 example repo directory base path: https://repo.saltproject.io/salt/py3/debian/10/arm64/
- Debian 11 arm64 example repo directory base path: https://repo.saltproject.io/salt/py3/debian/11/arm64/