Open Hour 2021-APR-01
- General Updates
- Salt Release: Aluminium
- YouTube Video Link
Virtual Meetup: Wed. April 21st, 4-5PM MDT / 10-11 UTC
Salt Enhancement Proposals
We are working on a communications plan to be more transparent, and scheduled.
Reminder: We are following our current platform support model
Throughout April join us at Tuesday Triage Meetings usually from 10:30-11:30 AM MDT but we will rotate the time to catch various timezones
Checkout the current calendar (next week, we may be showing the community a new events calendar, which would be updating/replacing the following):
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/434ec2155b2b4cce90144c87f0dd03d56626754050155294962/calendar.html
- ICS/Outlook: https://email@example.com/434ec2155b2b4cce90144c87f0dd03d56626754050155294962/calendar.ics
- All Community Events: https://saltproject.io/community-events/
- Community Events RSS Feed: https://saltproject.io/community-events/feed/
Salt Release: Aluminium
- Aluminium was released this week
- Reviewing any issues logged and looking at a minor release target date of 2021-APR-28
- Slack channel: #salt-package-updates
- Project board
Working Groups and Clinics
New groups, which need captains!
Salt k8s first meeting! April 6th, 9-10AM MDT / 3-4 UTC
Working groups link on Salt Project: https://saltproject.io/home/working-groups/
Docs Working Group and Docs Clinic streams:
- New docs salt-user-guide: https://gitlab.com/saltstack/open/docs/salt-user-guide
- Join the #Documentation channel on the community slack
- Docs Working group is continuing onward, so feel free to join and help the docs
Streams: Test clinics, docs clinics, and idem/pop streams!
Ideas for combining calendar items
- Having all items in the calendar would be excellent
- Releases, working groups, virtual meetups, working groups, etc.
What should What’s Happening include?
- Automate as much as possible: scrape the calendar, note anything about Salt Air or The Hacks, etc.
Any updates on whether native minions or the delta proxy will be open sourced?
- No updates just yet.
SEP feedback: how are certain SEPs accepted when there is little feedback (even if all negative), and other SEPs are dropped when there is little feedback?
- Overall, we need to communicate better and the SEP process and workflow needs some love, will address this in the channel, today – Sage