Open Hour 2021-APR-08
- General Updates
- Release Updates
- Package Updates
- Salt Enhancement Proposals
- Working Groups and Clinics
- YouTube Video
- Salt Air playlist on YouTube: New videos will be posted each Thursday, including a new one dropping later today!
- No Docs today
Misc. Salt Project Links
Several new items are cleared to be released to Salt Project as open source projects:
- AIX/Solaris minions
- Network device minions (Juniper, Arista)
- Windows agentless / ssh
- Delta proxy
These should be expected to be available publicly by 3004 release.
Salt Enhancement Proposals
We are working on a communications plan to be more transparent – for the entire Salt Project.
Docs Working Group and Docs Clinic streams:
- New docs salt-user-guide
- Join the #Documentation channel on the community slack
- Docs Working group is continuing onward, so feel free to join and help the docs
Streams: Test clinics, docs clinics, and idem/pop streams!
- Question about PR: 59474
- fix: Replace get_returns_noblock function with `def get_returns_raw
- PR needs to be reviewed and validated to confirm next steps, and see about getting into 3004
- Wayne reviewed in a Test Clinic
- Question about an upgrade result:
- Upgraded to 3002.6 salt-master, and seems to result in a memory leak
- Memory leak has gone from 400mb to 1.9gb, a master with ~40 minions
- Using gitfs and a remote pillar; git usage can lead to memory leakage
- Potentially useful docs:
- Salt v3003, with the loader improvements, should have reduced memory leaking
- There is also an open issue Salt Project hasn’t been able to reproduce: https://github.com/saltstack/salt/issues/59360
- SaltStack Store is getting revamped to Salt Project and so much will be on sale, get your stickers!
Dictation from Wayne Werner!
- Janae> Working groups – any ideas to make them better?
- Gareth> More promotion, post on twitter/reddit/social media
- let people know when they’re happening, help us get that information out there
- having a specific project – feature or set of features (whether that’s short or long term)is a really good thing to have
- Janae> I feel like when we get that calendar plugin added, that will be super helpful
- revamping our social channels will help a lot
- we haven’t posted a lot about WGs in the past, but doing that will be super helpful
- Janae> News! AIX/Solaris minion, Network Minions, Windows Agentless, and Deltaproxy will all be released into Open Source(gary is very excited)
- dwoz> you can expect these to show up in 3004