Open Hour 2021-APR-22
- General Updates
- Release Updates
- Salt Enhancement Proposals
- Working Groups and Clinics
- YouTube Video
- Open Hour YouTube playlist
- Salt Air playlist on YouTube: New videos will be posted each Thursday, including a new one dropping later today!
- The Hacks Podcast new episode today
- Virtual Meetup 3rd Wednesday every month 5 PM Mountain
- SaltConf21 virtual 2 day event NOV-03 and NOV-04 – website is coming soon!
- In May Package Repo changes please see this GitHub Issue
Misc. Salt Project Links
Salt store has deep discounts store.saltstack.com
- Aluminium bugfix or point release is delayed due to memory leak issue
- We need to get details before we can set this release date and likely this will affect other release dates
- Target Release dates are on the calendar – they will change
- More to come as we dive into the memory leak issue
Salt Enhancement Proposals
We are working on a communications plan to be more transparent – for the entire Salt Project.
Docs Working Group and Docs Clinic streams:
- New docs salt-user-guide
- Join the #Documentation channel on the community slack
- Docs Working group is continuing onward, so feel free to join and help the docs
Streams: Test clinics, docs clinics, and idem/pop streams! Find us on Twitch
- Comment: Thank you for making SaltConf 2 days. Last year there were too many parallel tracks. There’s so much fantastic content that people were just you know it’s like kidney candy store I can’t take this all in. And if there can be more availability in the labs, please. Those filled up very quickly last year.
- Question/Comment/Follow up: (Sage) In following up from last week, I have a set, recurring date for the security working group, but wondering if we still have interest? (Barney) Yes. (Sage) I have been wondering if the lack of commitment is due to people not having time – I completely understand. Or if it is something else? (Nick) Have enough notification prior to any event. (Sage) great feedback, thank you. (Nick) I haven’t seen any activity on the LinkedIn Page. (Janae) We have secured a social media contract, that content is coming.
- Comment: Documentation is scattered in many different places. Including Working Groups, who they are, what they are doing, when they meet, etc. and the expectations. (Sage) a more unified approach to communication and documentation, especially for the Working Groups – that’s good feedback, working towards this with the project charters, will continue. Each group does need to include expectations and their own contributing guidelines.
- Question: (Sage) do we need to focus more on individual day events i.e. code jams? Answer: Yes all of the above, not everyone can attend everything, variety is better.
- Comment: the Outlook Calendar continues to be a problem, keep the feedback loop open, we will continue to fix problems and look for a better solution – you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment: Working Group Captains will have a scrum of scrums 1st Friday morning US time to join a weekly Core Planning meeting. Sage will send captains individual meeting invites, you can delegate that to another person, bring what your group is working on, any blockers, and what is on the horizon or next
- Comment: Process Improvement is really within the Working Groups and Sage is working diligently to move forward on all efforts