Open Hour 2021-FEB-18
- General Updates
- Release Updates
- Package Updates
- Working Groups and Clinics
- Salt Enhancement Proposals
- Question & Answer
Checkout the current calendar:
- HTML: https://email@example.com/434ec2155b2b4cce90144c87f0dd03d56626754050155294962/calendar.html
- ICS/Outlook: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/434ec2155b2b4cce90144c87f0dd03d56626754050155294962/calendar.ics
- All Community Events: https://saltproject.io/community-events/
- Community Events RSS Feed: https://saltproject.io/community-events/feed/
Docs Jam was a success! Lots of new contributors.
- Join the #Documentation channel on the community slack
- Docs Working group is continuing onward, so feel free to join and help the docs
Salt Air relaunched! Checkout the new video:
- New videos will be posted each Thursday
Virtual Meetup on March 17, Wed. 5pm, MTN
- Randy Thompson with GoDaddy will be presenting
- The build pipeline for Tiamat build salt binaries, states, etc. as a walled garden deploy setup for teams.
Misc. Salt Project Links
- CVE upcoming release: Feb. 25th
Aluminium Release: March 31st
- Move RC date to March 4th
- Code freeze: Feb. 25th
- Slack channel: #salt-package-updates
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/saltstack/projects/31
Summary of working groups:
- Cloud Working Group: On pause, none in Feb. (see slack discussion on shifting focus to Kubernetes)
- Formulas Working Group: Every other Tue.
- Docs: Every other Thu.
- MacOS & Windows: Active
New working groups starting up:
- Salty K8s
- Testing and Release
- The Cloud Working group is thinking of experimenting/merging the Salty k8s Working Group into the Cloud Working Group
Test clinics: Tue/Thu on Twitch
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/saltstackinc
Salt Enhancement Proposals
Open SEPs: https://github.com/saltstack/salt-enhancement-proposals/pulls
- Many in the final stage
- The Change Advisory Board SEP is still in-progress
Is anyone maintaining salt-pepper within the core Salt team, or VMware internally? There are open PRs and issue that look to have little activity since February 2020
- The project is managed by Salt Project, but hasn’t been actively maintained/updated.
- The Salt Project team would be interested in community reviews of the open PRs. Any help in these reviews are welcome.
Security Working Group: Details
Check the community repo for the draft of the Security Working Group details:
- Working to make Salt secure by default
- Provide best practices around installations to allow for least-privilege where possible
- And more!