Open Hour 2021-MAR-25
- General Updates
- Release Updates
- Package Updates
- Salt Enhancement Proposals
- Working Groups and Clinics
- YouTube Video
Salt Air playlist on YouTube: New videos will be posted each Thursday, including a new one dropping later today!
- All Community Events
- Community Events RSS Feed
- Virtual Meetup RESCHEDULED Today!! Randy Thompson will be talking about Tiamat Join US!
- Friday (tomorrow) Pedro will be giving an overview of Salt-Extensions
Misc. Salt Project Links
- Aluminium Release: March 31st
- Move RC1 is available – See the Package Post
- Slack channel: #salt-package-updates
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/saltstack/projects/31
Salt Enhancement Proposals
We are working on a communications plan to be more transparent – for the entire Salt Project.
- GitHub Issue 59847
- Please see the the above issue comments for details on the conversation
- From Wayne’s dictation during the meeting:
- Derek> basically the idea is that dropping py2 support is happening incrementally and it can be kind of confusing/annoying when it happens on your PR
- the goal is to have a cleaner git commit history, so while it would be one huge change, then it would be easier to see who really changed what
- Wayne> have we run the new black against salt, do we know how many changes that is?
- Pedro> the idea is that if we do this change we should go ahead and upgrade black since we’re already inflicting a change
- Wayne/Randy> +1 on just inflicting everything in one fell swoop vs. incrementally
Question and Answer session turned to the inclusive language SEP and divulged into a naming discussion that did not bring forth anything fruitful or notable.