Open Hour 2022-APR-21
April 21, 2022 - Alyssa Rock
- General updates and announcements
- New Salt Project website
- Community forum update
- Q&A plus discussion
General updates and announcements
- Open Hours are held every 1st and 3rd Thursday from 10a.m. to 11a.m. Pacific.
- Our next Salt Community Open Hour will be May 5th.
- Join a Salt Project working group! https://saltproject.io/home/working-groups/
- We want you for the Salty 5!
New Salt Project website
- Design team will include Gareth Greenway, Alyssa Rock, Wayne Werner, Tom Phipps, Emma Shipley, Tom Hatch & Jimmy Chunga.
- Will be the hub of information and education for the Salt Community.
- Easier to get started using Salt.
- Focus on multi-media.
Community forum update
- When seeking help, please answer the questions asked and always include the version information. That will help our team to resolve your support question more quickly.
Q&A plus discussion
- Q: The community calendar seems to be set for the wrong time zone.
- Q: What’s the current best practice to get unprivileged users access to Salt? Can I use pepper?
- A: Yes, but it might not be maintained any more. The core Salt team might have to look into it to see what kind of support it needs.
- Q: Can someone check out https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/61968 ?
- A: This is the regression that popped up. We can probably take a look at this.
- Q: Is there any news on the mTLS transport.
- A: We need dwoz here to answer that question.